Pet Insurance for Affiliates
Join our partnership program and earn $35 for every completed referral to Healthy Paws Pet Insurance—the #1 customer-rated pet insurance plan. Participation in the program is easy and you can start immediately.
Benefits to Online Affiliates:
- Online Marketing Tools. Get easy access to banners, email inserts, and educational links to engage your audience.
- Program Support. We provide ongoing support, on-demand reporting, and quarterly payments.
- Lifetime Discounts. Your audience receives a special lifetime discount when you refer them to Healthy Paws.
- Referral Fees. Earn $35 for each completed submitted application payable quarterly.
Pet Insurance Comparison
Most pet insurance plans have a few basic things in common. You usually select a reimbursement level and deductible at sign-up. When your pet needs medical care, you can visit any licensed veterinarian you choose. You pay your vet first, then file a claim with your pet insurance company. The insurance company then reimburses you based on the details of your policy.
There are some substantial differences between insurance providers that can impact your coverage or how much you get reimbursed after a veterinary visit.
Some of the most important differences are:
- Coverage. Look closely at coverage and exclusions. For example, congenital and hereditary conditions are very expensive to treat and must be covered.
- Deductibles. Annual deductibles typically pay out more during a policy year than per incident deductibles. You just have to meet one annual deductible, not a deductible for every incident.
- Reimbursement Method. Not all pet insurance companies pay on the actual veterinary bill. Beware of benefit schedules or "Usual and Customary" policy language, as it may lower your reimbursement amounts.
- Claim Limits. Are claim limits applied per incident, per year, or over the pet’s lifetime? Healthy Paws has no limits on claims, ever!
- Customer Service. It’s all about service once the policy is purchased. What are pet parents saying about their care and claims experience with a company?
Frequently Asked Questions
Partner Program Basics
It’s not complicated. We created a very affordable, comprehensive pet insurance plan and then backed it up with an unparalleled commitment to customer service. From a pet parent’s perspective, they clearly understand what is covered and what is not covered. They also love the fast claim reimbursements (often in 3 days or less) and compassionate interactions with the Healthy Paws team.
Below are some key differences between Healthy Paws and other pet health insurance providers.
|Benefit||Healthy Paws||Other Pet Insurance Companies|
|Coverage for expensive hereditary and congenital conditions?||Healthy Paws does not restrict coverage for hereditary and congenital conditions.||Many pet insurance companies exclude or limit expensive hereditary and congenital conditions.|
|Reimburse policyholder on the actual veterinary bill?||Yes. Healthy Paws pays on the actual veterinary bill.||Other companies will use a benefit schedule or use the term "usual and customary" which may substantially lower reimbursements to the pet parent.|
|Any plan limits?||Healthy Paws is the only company to offer unlimited annual & lifetime payouts with an annual deductible. No caps on claims. Ever!||Most companies place per incident, per condition, annual or lifetime caps on claims. This lowers the reimbursement to the pet parent.|
|What do their customers say about their service?||We work hard to earn the #1 rating from pet parents on leading review sites. We're committed to delivering the best pet insurance plan on the planet!||Other companies simply have complicated plans that make it difficult for their service reps to achieve our standard of customer service.|
Healthy Paws offers one pet insurance plan covering everything that matters including injuries, illnesses, genetic conditions, and emergency care. If your pet needs treatment for any accident or illness, and it's not a pre-existing condition, you're covered. It's that simple!
Choose your options for an annual deductible and reimbursement level to fit your budget:
- Annual deductible options of $100, $250, $500 or $750
- Reimbursement level options of 90%, 80%, 70% or 60%
Comprehensive coverage with unlimited annual & lifetime payouts:
- Unlimited annual & lifetime payouts with no per incident, per condition, annual, or lifetime limits on claims.
- See any licensed veterinarian including specialists and emergency animal hospitals to treat any accident or illness.
- Covered veterinarian services include but are not limited to:
- Diagnostic testing such as x-rays and blood tests
- Prescription Medications
Eligibility and waiting periods:
- Lifetime coverage for dogs and cats enrolled before the age of 14.
- 15 day waiting period for accident and illness. 12 month waiting period for hip dysplasia.
- Veterinary Exam Requirement:
- Pets less than 6 years of age must have had an exam within 12 months prior to enrollment otherwise they must have an exam within 15 days from the enrollment date.
- Pets 6 years or older must have had an exam within 30 days prior to enrollment otherwise they must have an exam within 15 days from the enrollment date.
- Veterinary Office Fee or Exam Fee.
- Preventative care like annual exams, flea and tick medications, and spay/neuter surgeries are excluded from coverage.
- No Dental coverage other than tooth extractions caused by an accident.
- See the sample policy for complete details on coverage and exclusions.
95% of all Healthy Paws customers self-enroll on our website. It’s super fast and easy. Your referrals will click on the Healthy Paws links you provide and we take it from there:
- Takes just 10 seconds to get a free pet insurance quote.
- Takes just a couple of minutes to complete information about their pet(s) and provide us with a credit or debit card for monthly premium collection.
- They receive a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee with monthly auto-billing and they can cancel any time.
Pet insurance reimburses the pet parent after treatment.
- The pet parent takes their pet to their favorite veterinarian when sick or injured.
- The pet parent pays the veterinarian at time of treatment.
- The pet parent submits a claim to Healthy Paws.
- Healthy Paws sends the reimbursement check directly to the pet parent within 3-10 days.
Some pet insurance companies offer wellness coverage at an additional cost or incorporate it into one of their myriad of plans. When an insurance company reimburses for “expected” treatments like an annual exam, typically they will restrict coverage or payouts on the more important and higher cost accidents and illnesses to give this perceived benefit of wellness coverage.
Insurance is about protecting yourself from the unexpected. Auto insurance pays for that unexpected car collision or home insurance covers the unexpected water damage or fire. These do not cover expected maintenance. If they did, premiums would be quite expensive!
Pet insurance therefore should be about protecting you and your pet when they are sick or injured. Unlike wellness care, these are the conditions you cannot plan for in advance and can easily cost in the thousands of dollars. After all, no one wants to be faced with skipping an important treatment for their pet or, worse case, euthanizing their pet simply because they cannot afford veterinary care.
Healthy Paws premiums are calculated based on your individual pet’s breed, age and zip code.
- Cat health plans typically range from $15 and $35 per month.
- Dog health plans typically range from $25 and $45 per month.
Marketing and Payments
Once you join the Healthy Paws Partner Program, you’ll have access to online and self-printed marketing collateral to help you educate your audience about Healthy Paws.
Common approach to promoting Healthy Paws Pet Insurance:
- Update your website with Healthy Paws links and banners.
- Announce the availability of Healthy Paws Pet Insurance to constituents through email, social media, e-newsletters, direct mailings or blog articles. Healthy Paws provides many digital assets to help you engage your audience.
- Frequency of messaging and education is essential as pet health insurance is new to many pet parents.
When you promote Healthy Paws through online marketing (emails, blogs, social media, banner ads, etc.), all of the tracking begins with the click of your unique Healthy Paws link or direct entry of your tracking URL.
To earn the referral fee of $35 for a completed submitted application (all information needed to underwrite the pet application including a valid credit card), the referred pet parent must be a new and unique visitor to Healthy Paws or a new and unique caller who has not been previously referred by another Partner.
Healthy Paws will send out quarterly payments for all referral fees earned. For additional information, please read the terms and conditions of the Healthy Paws Partner Program when you join.
Welcome valued Healthy Paws partners