Frequently Asked Questions
At Healthy Paws we're here to make what we do and what we offer easy to understand. If you have a question that isn't answered below, please contact us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner Program General FAQ
It’s not complicated. We created a very affordable, easy-to-understand pet health insurance plan and then backed it up with an unparalleled commitment to customer service. From a pet parent’s perspective, they clearly understand what is covered and what is not covered. They also love the fast claim reimbursements (often in 3 days or less) and compassionate interactions with the Healthy Paws team.
Healthy Paws offers one pet insurance plan covering everything that matters including injuries, illnesses, genetic conditions, and emergency care. If your pet needs treatment for any accident or illness, and it's not a pre-existing condition, you're covered. It's that simple!
Choose your options for an annual deductible and reimbursement level to fit your budget:
- Annual deductible options of $100, $250, $500, $750 or $1,000
- Reimbursement level options of 90%, 80%, 70%, 60% or 50%
Comprehensive coverage with unlimited annual & lifetime payouts:
- Unlimited annual & lifetime payouts with no per incident, per condition, annual, or lifetime limits on claims.
- See any licensed veterinarian including specialists and emergency animal hospitals to treat any accident or illness.
- Covered veterinarian services include but are not limited to:
- Diagnostic testing such as x-rays and blood tests
- Prescription Medications
Eligibility and waiting periods:
- Lifetime coverage for dogs and cats enrolled before the age of 14.
- 15 day waiting period for accident and illness. 12 month waiting period for hip dysplasia.
- Veterinary Exam Requirement:
- Pets less than 6 years of age must have had an exam within 12 months prior to enrollment otherwise they must have an exam within 15 days from the enrollment date.
- Pets 6 years or older must have had an exam within 30 days prior to enrollment otherwise they must have an exam within 15 days from the enrollment date.
- Veterinary Office Fee or Exam Fee.
- Preventative care like annual exams, flea and tick medications, and spay/neuter surgeries are excluded from coverage.
- No Dental coverage other than tooth extractions caused by an accident.
- See the sample policy for complete details on coverage and exclusions.
95% of all Healthy Paws customers self-enroll on our website. It’s super fast and easy. Your referrals will click on the Healthy Paws links you provide and we take it from there:
- Takes just 10 seconds to get a free pet insurance quote.
- Takes just a couple of minutes to complete information about their pet(s) and provide us with a credit or debit card for monthly premium collection.
- They receive a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee with monthly auto-billing and they can cancel any time.
Pet insurance reimburses the pet parent after treatment.
- The pet parent takes their pet to their favorite veterinarian when sick or injured.
- The pet parent pays the veterinarian at time of treatment.
- The pet parent submits a claim to Healthy Paws.
- Healthy Paws sends the reimbursement check directly to the pet parent within 3-10 days.
Some pet insurance companies offer wellness coverage at an additional cost or incorporate it into one of their myriad of plans. When an insurance company reimburses for “expected” treatments like an annual exam, typically they will restrict coverage or payouts on the more important and higher cost accidents and illnesses to give this perceived benefit of wellness coverage.
Insurance is about protecting yourself from the unexpected. Auto insurance pays for that unexpected car collision or home insurance covers the unexpected water damage or fire. These do not cover expected maintenance. If they did, premiums would be quite expensive!
Pet insurance therefore should be about protecting you and your pet when they are sick or injured. Unlike wellness care, these are the conditions you cannot plan for in advance and can easily cost in the thousands of dollars. After all, no one wants to be faced with skipping an important treatment for their pet or, worse case, euthanizing their pet simply because they cannot afford veterinary care.
Healthy Paws premiums are calculated based on your individual pet’s breed, age and zip code.
- Cat health plans typically range from $15 to $40 per month.
- Dog health plans typically range from $25 to $60 per month.
As a participant in our Healthy Paws Partner Program, you can offer your constituents a lifetime discount off the underwritten premium. Employee Benefit programs also receive a lifetime discount off the underwritten premium for employees and retirees. Discounts are not cumulative. These discounts can vary based on state regulations.
To learn more about our pet health plan, visit the Healthy Paws FAQ page.
Welcome valued Healthy Paws partners